Looking to get your foot in the door? Want to learn about the sports industry from an industry-leading non-profit organization? An Internship with Positive Coaching Alliance can provide experiences in many facets of the sports industry, especially sales, marketing and account management. See below about your opportunity to become a part of the PCA team.
About Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA)
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is a national nonprofit organization committed to providing all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience. PCA provides training to coaches, parents, and youth sports organization leaders on how to use the youth sports experience to teach young athletes positive character traits and "life lessons." Our mission requires a nationwide presence to bring PCA partnerships to every major metropolitan area in the United States.
The internship position for Positive Coaching Alliance is responsible for projects with regards to partnership development and management. Key in this position is to understand PCA’s mission to transform the culture of youth sports and how the internship responsibilities support those efforts. The intern will report directly to the Partnership Manager – National. Work will be done remotely.
Partnership Development Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform market research on youth sports
• Search internet for YSO’s, schools, and city/park & recreation departments
• Find quality leads at these organizations
• Input into the CRM (i.e. Salesforce)
• Send market outreach emails and make market outreach cold calls
• Send initial email: Goal is phone call with the PD
• Send follow up calls and make initial cold call: see above for Goal of outreach
• Assist with regional events/projects and assist in the development of grassroots marketing efforts
• Attending Conferences/Conventions
• Marketing/Promotional Partner events (i.e. professional sports team partner events)
• Honoring Coach or Athlete events (i.e. Double-Goal Coach of the year)
• Develop Social Media outreach plan
• Account Management support: Attend PCA workshops when convenient. At these workshops you will be there to assist the PCA trainer and answer questions about PCA. Check in with the Partner contact, and look to generate feedback on the workshop for potential follow up by the PD.
• Assist with database management and ongoing reports (i.e. weekly reports)
• Any additional projects as they become relative or necessary
• Foster high level of morale & commitment towards PCA
• Passion for PCA mission and youth/high school sports
• Proven initiative/Self-Starter
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills and multi-tasking ability
• Intern will be required to meet one time every week for a progress report
• Internship hours will be logged at your convenience and location
• Internship units will be awarded depending on hours worked (minimum of 10 hours/week)
To be considered for the position, please e-mail a cover letter with your resume to Matt Hayden